Dental Products at Denver Dentistry
A lot of patients ask us “what toothbrush to use” or “what mouthwash is best” so we’ve compiled a list of products here that we recommend and sell in our office. We believe that these products, when used with regular visits to the dentist, can help keep your teeth, mouth, and gums healthy and prevent disease. Explore the products below and contact us with any questions you may have.
Most floss is too smooth and flat to effectively remove plaque. Slick floss slides right over the sticky stuff, allowing cavity-causing bacteria to multiply.
If left unchecked, the amount of bad bacteria in your mouth can become overwhelming, resulting in irritated, swollen gums, and eventually gum recession, tooth decay, and even tooth loss.
Cocofloss is made with more than 500 interwoven filaments, giving it a maximal surface area to snatch plaque and debris from between your teeth and gums.
Interwoven with 500+ strong but supple filaments, Cocofloss won’t rip or shred — even with the most aggressive flossing. Cocofloss has woven soft, flexible fibers into a cylindrical shape that compresses to fit between even the tightest contacts. It’s vegan wax coating adds an extra layer of comfort. Cocofloss is infused with coconut oil, a natural, soothing antimicrobial. It also contains fragrant fruit oils and a light coating of microcrystalline wax.
The aromas are carefully crafted in Italy from a combination of natural and synthetic ingredients. They’re in full compliance with strict E.U. regulations on fragrance allergens and meet the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) Standards.
Cocofloss is cruelty-free (Leaping Bunny certified), vegan, and free of toxins, including parabens, SLS, and PFAS. Cocofloss offers floss refills in compostable packaging to help cut down on single-use plastics.
Tooth and Gum Tonic
Dental Herb Company products are powerful antimicrobials, providing maximum potency and long-lasting effectiveness to combat the harmful oral bacteria that lead to halitosis and periodontal disease.
Dental Herb Company products contain gotu kola and Echinacea – two powerful anti-inflammatory herbs shown to stimulate healing and repair damaged tissue. The pure essential oils of lavender and eucalyptus, well known for their soothing and healing properties, are key elements in the formulae.
- Periodontal care
- Controlling gum inflammation and bleeding
- Dental Implants
- Restorative and cosmetic procedures
- Dry mouth and mouth sores
- Chronic halitosis
PerioSciences AO Pro Rinse/Natural
An alcohol-free mouth rinse that uses antioxidants phloretin and ferulic acid as well as green tea catechins, xylitol and essential oils in a formula designed to deactivate odor-causing compounds in the mouth and bathe tissues in natural ingredients. Cool, minty and smooth, AO Pro Rinse/Natural will freshen your breath while soothing soft tissue in the oral cavity, resulting in a clean, pleasant feeling.
Combination antioxidants have been shown to act in concert and have a strong synergistic effect compared to single antioxidants.
Ferulic Acid is an effective polyphenolic antioxidant. This substance is found in the seeds and leaves of most plants, especially in the brans of grasses such as wheat, rice and oats. Its chemical structure strongly resembles that of curcumin, also a potent polyphenol. Polyphenols are so named because they have multiple phenolic constituents.
Tetrahydrocurcuminoids Curcumin, a polyphenoic antioxidant, is the principal curcuminoid in the well-known spice turmeric, a member of the ginger family. Curcuminoids are responsible for the yellow color in turmeric and have excellent antioxidant properties including scavenging reactive oxygen species and reactive nitrogen species.
Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) Green tea polyphenols comprise four catechins of which EGCG is the dominant and most potent one. One branch of research focused on oral health applications associated with EGCG and showed that it is able to quickly act against odor-causing volatile sulfur compounds, and also that it can carry out a preventative function with regards to plaque and caries formation and the development of gingivitis.
PerioSciences AO ProVantage, Topically Applied Dental Gel
An aqueous or water-based gel using antioxidants like phloretin and ferulic acid, along with xylitol and essential oils that are specifically formulated for use in the mouth. Cool and flavorful, AO ProVantage dental gel will freshen breath, improve the appearance of, and soothe soft tissues in the oral cavity.
The combination of antioxidants in our PerioSciences AO Dental Gel have been shown to act in concert and have a strong synergistic effect compared to single antioxidants.
PhloretinPhloretin is a polyphenolic compound in the sub-group flavonoids and is mainly derived from apples. It is a potent antioxidant that can be found in many of our oral hygiene products and has been shown to inhibit several types of destructive enzymes. Phloretin is known to adsorb to lipid surfaces, such as cell membranes. Ferulic Acid, polyphenolic antioxidant, is a substance found in the seeds and leaves of most plants, especially in the brans of grasses such as wheat, rice, and oats.
MI Paste is a unique topical tooth crème that can be applied daily. MI Paste contains RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP); Casein Phosphopeptide (CPP). These are natural occurring molecules which are able to release calcium and phosphate ions and stabilize Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP)
- RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP) is milk-derived with lactose content less than 0.01%*
- MI Paste is water-based, sugar-free topical tooth crèmes that come in five delicious flavors (melon, mint, strawberry, tutti-frutti and vanilla)
- Benefits of use :
- Relieves tooth sensitivity
- Does not irritate dry mouths caused by certain medications
- Helps minimize tooth sensitivity before and after professional cleaning
- Helps minimize tooth sensitivity after whitening procedures
- Is helpful during orthodontics relative to helping control (or reduce) dentin hypersensitivity
- Is not a toothpaste; it is a topical tooth crème that can be used safely several times daily.
Hydroxyapatite is a naturally occurring mineral that makes up 97% of our tooth enamel and has been scientifically-proven to strengthen and protect your teeth without fluoride. As the main component of tooth enamel, Hydroxyapatite is able to chemically bind to teeth and act as a shield. Not only that, but Hydroxyapatite “acts as filler because it repairs small holes and depressions on the enamel surface,” while naturally whitening.
When bacteria has no food source, it can’t produce the acids that lead to cavities. And that’s exactly what Xylitol, a naturally occurring alcohol found in most plant material, does in RiseWell Toothpaste. It starves harmful bacteria of their food source, so they cannot produce the acid that causes cavities. Made with essential oils like (peppermint and tea tree) and extracts (like cinnamon and echinacea) that not only naturally freshen breath, but have been shown to reduce inflammation, fight bacteria, boost your immune system, and more!
Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Power Toothbrush
There are many differences between brushing your teeth manually or using a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush.
- Electric toothbrushes clean more thoroughly in a way that manual toothbrushes cannot. They are proven to be more effective in removing plaque compared to a manual toothbrush.
- Sonic technology is backed by more than 175 clinical and laboratory studies at over 50 universities and research institutions worldwide.
- Through a combination of high frequency and high amplitude motion -this motion creates dynamic cleaning action that drives fluids deep into the tight spaces between your teeth and along the gum line, which results in a cleaner, healthier mouth.
- FlexCare Platinum Connected location sensor shows where you’re brushing too little for better coverage. If there are spots you consistently miss when you’re brushing, the location sensor will bring them to your attention.
- You might not notice if you’re brushing too hard, but your FlexCare Platinum Connected will. If you apply too much pressure, the intuitive pressure sensor will make the toothbrush handle gently pulsate so you know exactly when to adopt a softer touch.
- FlexCare Platinum Connected has a scrubbing sensor that helps guide you to reduce scrubbing for optimized technique and a more gentle clean.