Dentistry For Kids
What does biological children’s dentistry involve?
We want your child’s oral health and development to start from the time of birth. Children’s biological dentistry involves a whole-body approach to dental wellness and development through natural safe, healthy, and minimally invasive care. We believe if we can guide a child’s oral development we can prevent a host of issues in the future such as sleep related breathing disorders, malocclusion, dental caries, etc.
Biological children's dentistry involves:
- Determining how diet affects facial development.
- Monitoring upper and lower jaw development
- Evaluate airway and sleep quality Examine tooth development: size, shape and their location in the jaws.
- Preventive care for gum and bone health, encouraging a healthy microbiome.
What can your child expect at a typical appointment?
Your child can expect to be welcomed by our happy, friendly staff and Dr. Grabiak. We guide the appointment according to the child’s comfort level. However, a typical appointment will include:
- A thorough consultation with the parent(s) or caregiver about any concerns, development, habits, behaviors, diet, and systemic health
- Radiographs if indicated
- Extraoral and intraoral photos
- Salivary analysis
- Home care and plaque analysis, preventive care
We strive to keep your child’s mouth healthy using only the most biocompatible materials including ozone therapy, if restorative care is needed. We will never use fluoride or fluoride products. We believe we can achieve a healthy smile without the use of toxic chemicals. We will never recommend a fluoride treatment for your child.
If your child needs to be seen by a dentist or you're interested in learning more about our pediatric procedures, call us today to speak with one of our helpful staff members.