Dentistry for Kids
What does biological children’s dentistry involve?
We want your child’s oral health and development to start from the time of birth. Children’s biological dentistry involves a whole-body approach to dental wellness and development through natural safe, healthy, and minimally invasive care. We believe if we can guide a child’s oral development we can prevent a host of issues in the future such as sleep related breathing disorders, malocclusion, dental caries, etc.
Biological children’s dentistry involves:
- Determining how diet affects facial development.
- Monitoring upper and lower jaw development
- Evaluate airway and sleep quality Examine tooth development: size, shape and their location in the jaws.
- Preventive care for gum and bone health, encouraging a healthy microbiome.
What can your child expect at a typical appointment?
Your child can expect to be welcomed by our happy, friendly staff and Dr. Grabiak. We guide the appointment according to the child’s comfort level. However, a typical appointment will include:
- A thorough consultation with the parent(s) or caregiver about any concerns, development, habits, behaviors, diet, and systemic health
- Radiographs if indicated
- Extraoral and intraoral photos
- Salivary analysis
- Home care and plaque analysis, preventive care
If your child needs to be seen by a dentist or you’re interested in learning more about our pediatric procedures, call us today to speak with one of our helpful staff members.