Zirconia Dental Implants
What are Dental Implants?
No one wants to lose a tooth. Fortunately, when it comes to replacing lost teeth, you have options. A dental implant is an anchor for a false tooth on a synthetic “root” thats been implanted into the jawbone. Zirconia implants are most like natural teeth, both in terms of function and aesthetics.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- While many implants are made exclusively from metal – usually titanium – we prefer zirconium implants. These ceramic type implants are broadly biocompatible and just as strong and durable as metal. They’re certainly more attractive, blending well at the gum line, with no gray showing through.
- Preserve the natural bone in the mouth, and help to stimulate new bone growth.
- Implants are durable, and provide long term value financially compared to other restorative solutions.
- Dental implants are permanent, and do not slip or click like other solutions.
- Implants are comfortable, and look and feel natural in the mouth.
- Implants can last upwards of 25 years, or a lifetime if they are cared for properly.
- Dental Implants restore full chewing power, and are as strong as natural teeth.
What to Expect During the Dental Implant Process?
When considering tooth replacement options, Dr. Grabiak will have a consultation with the patient to discuss and goals and needs. This will help to develop the best treatment plan for the individuals needs. We require a consultation with each patient to discuss any goals, and to determine the best treatment plan. Once we are ready to begin the implant process, the first step involves placing the implant into the jawbone. After this step is complete there is a healing process that must occur.
The healing period allows the implant time to fuse to the jawbone through a process called osseointegration. This allows the implant to function like a natural tooth root in the mouth.
Once the healing process is complete, the patient returns to our office to complete the implant process. An abutment or connector is placed on top of the implant, and this holds the crown securely in place. Custom crowns are made to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth.
If you are interested in finding out how you can benefit from Dental Implants, contact Denver Dentistry to schedule your consultation